Amber currently resides in Los Angeles, where does freelance styling and works with Trumbo+Flynn at their new photography loft in the fashion district. She can also be found touring throughout the US with photographer Rian Flynn, doing modeling, styling and art direction for his photography workshops and photo shoots.
She is available for the following:
– Special Event Styling
– Wardrobe Makeovers
– Personal Shopping
– Trend Prediction
– Vintage Buying
– Fashion Articles
My Style Tips:
1. Balance is key with a well-styled ensemble. If your outfit is plain, “excess-orize.” Balance casual with dressy, masculine with feminine, sexy with frumpy, and vintage with modern.
2. Get yourself a bad ass tailor.
3. Unexpected color combinations are an easy way to add some style to an otherwise “safe” outfit.
4. Vintage is becoming a must-have part of every wardrobe so raid your local thrift stores. Just make sure it fits.
5. Express yourself with your clothing. Style is art, so go ahead and rock it. Otherwise, sneer, strut or simply grin, and no one will question your style choices ever again. Besides, who cares if they do? They call it personal style for a reason.
Amber’s Articles at Budget Style at About.com (A New York Times Company)
Amber Mortensen Wardrobe Stylist Portfolio
Second Place in the 2009 Crossroads Trading Company Photography Contest (featured in national print ads)
Fashion Photography Blog Photo of the Week
Photography and Styling on Painfully Hip Editorial Spread for N.E.E.T. Magazine
The Watson Twins mention at UrbanOutfitters.com
Featured by: Definitive Touch, Buffalo Exchange.com, ModCloth, Flair Magazine, Lemondrop, Hiss & Hearse, and the BUST Magazine Newsletter
Painfully Hip collaborations with Market Publique: Cirque! – Gypsy Melody – Trendsettery
Amber’s Articles on the News & Review